Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and experience in the construction site for the chosen path. This qualification is suitable for practicing carpenter, but not only.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
However, the potential learner must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
- Site Carpentry
- Architectural Joinery
- Shopfitting Site Work
- Shopfitting Bench Work
- Structural Post and Beam Carpentry
- Timber Frame Erection
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Installing bespoke first fixing components in the workplace
- Installing bespoke second fixing components in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body (www.proqualab.com) and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual);
It is also endorsed by the sector body for construction – CITB.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is published on Ofqual’s Register of Qualifications.
The duration of an NVQ Assessment will be agreed during your Initial assessment & Induction.
However, we would expect your NVQ qualification to be complete within 16 weeks.
Fast track options may be available. Please contact our enquiries team direct for further information.