Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and experience in the construction site for the chosen path. This qualification is suitable for practicing painters, but not only.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
However, the potential learner must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
Pathway 1: Painter
Pathway 2: Industrial Painter
Pathway 3: Heritage Painter
Mandatory Units for all Pathways
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting and dismantling access/working platforms in the workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller in the workplace
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body (www.proqualab.com) and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual);
It is also endorsed by the sector body for construction – CITB.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is published on Ofqual’s Register of Qualifications.
The duration of an NVQ Assessment will be agreed during your Initial assessment & Induction.
However, we would expect your NVQ qualification to be complete within 12 weeks.
Fast track options may be available. Please contact our enquiries team direct for further information.