Level 2 Diploma in Steel Erecting
The Level 2 Diploma in Steel Erecting is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and experience in the construction site for the chosen path. This qualification is suitable for practicing Steel Erecting.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
However, the potential learner must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
- Contribute to effective working relationships in steel erection
- Work safely and minimise risk in steel erection
- Identify and deal with hazards and emergencies in steel erection
- Move structural steel sections under supervision
- Install structural steelwork components
- Work safely at height on steel structures
- Assemble bolted joints in structural steelwork
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body (www.proqualab.com) and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual);
It is also endorsed by the sector body for construction – CITB.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is published on Ofqual’s Register of Qualifications.
The duration of an NVQ Assessment will be agreed during your Initial assessment & Induction.
However, we would expect your NVQ qualification to be complete within 12 weeks.
Fast track options may be available. Please contact our enquiries team direct for further information.