18Th Edition BS 7671/2018 for ELECTRICIANS
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is for: personnel involved in the electrotechnical sector such as electricians, designers, inspectors who
wish to update their knowledge to the IET Wiring Regulations Seventeenth Edition incorporating
amendment one (2011).
learners who wish to gain an understanding of BS7671.
Where does this qualification lead?
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Building Energy Management Systems (QCF)
- EAL Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) (QCF)
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Maintaining Electrotechnical Systems) (QCF)
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Building,
Structures and Environment) (QCF)
- EAL Level 3 Award in the Initial verification and Certification of Electrical Installation (QCF)
- EAL Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (QCF)
- EAL Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in
- EAL Level 3 Award In Approving Electrical Installation Work in Dwellings in Compliance with
Building Regulations (QCF).
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification although Centres should ensure that learners
have the potential to achieve the qualification unit.
What does it cover?
The qualification covers the full content of BS7671: IET Wiring Regulations Seventeenth Edition
incorporating amendment one (2011). The regulations apply to the design, erection and verification of
electrical installations, and also additions and alterations to existing installations.
This award gives the learner an understanding of the application of the IET Wiring Regulations
Seventeenth Edition. It provides a facility for individuals working in the electrotechnical sector to develop
and/or enhance their knowledge of the Requirements for Electrical Installation.
The duration of an NVQ Assessment will be agreed during your Initial assessment & Induction.
However, we would expect your NVQ qualification to be complete within 12 weeks.
Fast track options may be available. Please contact our enquiries team direct for further information.